Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tebow? ... Ti-Bo!


Setting up Bo for a pose while hiking
in Eaton Canyon
Many of you who are viewing this blog do not know me, or my dog, Bo. We have been called a "package deal", inseparable, and even "co-dependent". I have had many dogs throughout my life, but I have not had the same connection with any of the others. Bo and I did a lot together. Shopping, hiking, regular and dog-parking, parties, even super bowls (not the actual super bowl, but a super bowl party). But no one really put the whole connection together better than my 2 year old nephew, Joaquin.

My brave little buddy making across
the creek all on his own.
I visit my brother and sister-in-law a lot, and have spen a lot of that time with my nephew (now I have a niece as well, but at just under a month old, she doesn't contribute much to this story). Bo and I lived in a back "house" at my brother's place for about 9 months as Joaquin grew from about 9 months old to 1 1/2 years old. He learned that if he saw me, Bo was not far behind. In fact, the pavlovian expectation of "I see one, where is the other?" might have even caused Joaquin to see us as "one unit".

"Tio!"... "Bo!"
One day, upon entering the house, Joaquin ran up to me, pointed at me and shouted "Tio!" (Spanish for uncle). He then pointed at Bo and yelled "Bo!". Then at me again, and "Tio!". Then "Bo!". "Tio!" "Bo!" "Tio!" "Bo!" and with one last enthusiastic shout he belted at the top of his lungs, both hands waving to the sky . . . "Ti-Bo!".

And thus the "Ti-Bo" phenomenon was born. Oh, and there is a guy who plays quarterback for the Denver Broncos that is making some news, but whatever . . .


Video of Bo and Joaquin. 
Joaquin decided Bo was a "Neigh Neigh" (a horse) and wanted to ride him like a cowboy. Hence the cowboy shouts of "Hee Haw" (Yeehaw!). This was LONG before Bo's injury, and my little guy is a bowling ball/tank. You can see why I am so shocked that an "out of the blue" injury could change his life so quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Ti-bo! We should take some photos of us "tebowing" for Bo. (www.tebowing.com)

    ReplyDelete